June 18th, 1998
Evan (Left) and Nolan (Right) at the Adobe Breakfast
What is Alisal?
Alisal is a "dude" ranch.
Where is Alisal?
Alisal is near horses. I don't know where it is.
Good things to do at Alisal, in order:
- Swim in the pool (please imagine picture here, scanner was
left behind at home -- this won't happen next year)
- Pool tables (please imagine excellent picture with color
and Nolan winning against all players)
- Sharing an "executive" cottage with Grandparents,
Uncle and Aunt, Mom and Dad and brother (please imagine pictures.... do
not ask how much this cost)
- Fishing on the lake. Dad and I had a contest today to see
who could catch the most fish. Together we caught 30. (Imagine
picture of 30 big fish, up to 3 inches long)
- Golf course. Kids under 4 might not like this golf course.
Bring lots of balls. A lot of ditches.
Bad things at Alisal to avoid:
- Please don't walk on the bridge at mid day in the hot sun
with bare feet.
- You can't drive the golf cart if you don't have a drivers
license, if anyone is watching. But you can drive the boats
on the lake without a license.
- Don't throw your boat anchor into the lake unless
you know it is tied to something.
- Sun burn can be avoided by wearing a tee shirt or
not going outside.
Advice for the dining room:
- Everything is included in the room charge. Order all you want.
- You can order from the regular menu or the adult's menu.
Same applies to dessert.
- Order something you know from the menu. But beware, because
it might not be what you think.
- The peanut butter and jelly sandwich ("pbj") is a good
choice if nothing else looks good.
- Ice cream should be ordered with sprinkles, M&Ms, snicker
bits, and chocolate sauce.
Some of Nolan's Favorite Web Sites:
Return to Evan and Nolan Main Page